Quality Assurance Fellow
About the Job
As a key position in MFK’s organization, the Quality Assurance Fellow is a partner and collaborator with the Quality Assurance Department, composed of the Quality Assurance Manager, Supervisor and two Officers (Quality Team); the Fellow is a member of the facility’s senior leadership team. His/her main objectives are to provide consultation to ensure a quality system based on ISO22000:2018, Codex Alimentarius, and UN/Humanitarian NGO standards for the manufacture of Ready-to-Use Nutritional Food (RUF)/Lipid-Based Nutrient Spread (LNS). A twelve-month contract is required for this position. Consideration of contract extension beyond twelve months will be based on the incumbent’s job performance.
- Assist with and provide consultation to the Quality Team in maintaining and updating a quality management system based on standards mentioned above. That system should also be in compliance with Nutriset (www.nutriset.fr) and its PlumpyField Network requirements.
- Assist with the training of quality, production, and hygiene staff to ensure continuous quality improvement; specifically, provide training in the laboratory.
- Provide guidance in the management of the MFK laboratory and all activities related food safety testing.
- Provide assistance and facilitate the continuation of ISO 22000 certification and international humanitarian organization food safety audits.
- Assist with and provide consultation, with the help of the Production Manager, to ensure the adherence to quality procedures and instructions, and the correct and timely completion of quality recording documents daily.
- Assist the Quality Team to ensure that appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards are strictly adhered to.
- Assist and provide guidance to the Quality Team to prevent hazards and contamination; participate in the decision-making process when crises occur as part of the senior leadership team.
- Communicate proactively with MFK management on a regular basis.
- Master’s or Bachelor of Science degree in food science and/or quality management preferred. Candidates with a minimum four-year university-level degree in Science (pharmaceutics, microbiology, chemistry, environment…) may apply;
- Minimum three years of work experience in a food processing facility in a quality assurance role; must have hands-on laboratory work experience;
- Solid understanding of international food safety standards; experience in a similar position in the food industry strongly preferred.
Other competences and strengths:
- Good knowledge of French, oral and written; basic knowledge of English, oral and written; knowledge of Haitian Creole preferred;
- Good communication and management skills; proactive, dynamic, strong team player;
- Ability to work effectively and accomplish goals in a sometimes ambiguous environment;
- Able to anticipate and prioritize tasks and activities according to needs;
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills required;
- Experience working and living in a developing country preferred.
Compensation: For the anticipated 12-month contract, two round-trip plane tickets to country of residence are provided. Also provided are secure shared housing in Cap-Haitien; health and medical evacuation insurance; 5 weeks paid vacation time; access to shared transportation; a stipend adequate to cover other living expenses in Cap-Haitien.
To apply: Send CV and cover letter to Lauren Plummer mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified finalists will receive response.