About the Job
The Nutrition Fellow – Nurse Educator will be a vital member of the MFK Nutrition team in its mission to support Haitian both urban and rural malnutrition clinics in the North, Northeast and Artibonite departments of Haiti. MFK requires a 12-month commitment working with majority Haitian staff as well as North American and European staff.
- Assisting in planning, construction and implementation of all three programs;
- Mentoring and transmitting essential knowledge and experience to local Haitian staff and partners;
- Maintaining thorough and careful record keeping to enable the construction of project evaluation. Analyze data and draft progress and summary reports for the projects’ funders;
- Continually updating nutrition documentation and curriculum;
- Ongoing documentation and support of MFK’s malnutrition programs; this includes the sharing of stories and photographs each month with the development team at MKF’s headquarters; it also includes the writing of a blog each month on your experiences with Haiti’s children and malnutrition;
- Supporting role in managing and reporting on the malnutrition programs and prenatal supplementation project and on the expansion of the school-feeding program;
- Evaluating current partner clinics and suggesting new clinic sites for malnourished children and/or pregnant women.
- Will consider applicants with a Nursing degree;
- Must have excellent communication skills;
- Able to work under pressure and adapt quickly to different working environments;
- Must have exposure to working and living in the developing world, preferably in Haiti or French-speaking African countries;
- Must be fluent in English and French; Haitian Creole a plus.
The fellowship covers travel to and from Haiti, generous vacation time, housing, health and medical evacuation insurance, and daily transportation to and from the MFK facility. A small, monthly stipend covers food and personal items.
To apply, please send cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Nutrition Fellowship” in the subject line.