Marketing and Development Associate (Part-Time)
About the Job
The Marketing & Development Associate is responsible for managing the online presence of the organization across website and social media outlets. This team member will also assist the Development Director in activities related to the general marketing of MFK as an international NGO operating in the country of Haiti.
This position will bring a strong, results-oriented passion and expertise to the MFK development team in order to craft compelling grant narratives, contribute to the creation of fundraising events, and contribute to the overall success of MFK’s fundraising strategy.
This position requires strong and compelling writing, a love of research, a willingness to take initiative, independent thinking and problem solving, a positive and “can do” attitude, adaptability, and a commitment to the success of Meds & Food for Kids’ mission to save lives and ignite economic development in Haiti.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Crafting and posting fresh and diverse content on the organization’s website (WordPress)
- Managing social media outlets (Facebook and Twitter)
- Communicating with team on the ground in Haiti to collect information and photos for content
- Writing press releases, placement with print/broadcast media & follow up
- Assisting with scheduling for outreach meetings
- Assisting with research of grant opportunities; crafting of proposal narratives
- Assisting with development tasks as directed
- Assisting with office tasks as required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Two or more years marketing and/or development experience at an established nonprofit
- The ability to work independently and as a cooperative team member in a small and fast-paced office
- An aptitude for writing, research, multitasking, and strategic thinking
- Thrives when tackling complex challenges daily in a rapidly changing, high-paced working environment with an international staff and evolving on the ground needs
- Strong communications skills with ability to write clear, persuasive and inspiring content
- Self-starter, high energy, positive, collaborative, flexible and high attention to detail
The MFK office is an open, collaborative environment with all work stations in one shared space. This position is 22-25 hours/week in a mutually agreed upon schedule spread across 5 week days. This role is permanent, non-exempt and hourly.
MFK offers a competitive hourly rate and benefits, commensurate with experience.
To apply please send a cover letter, resume, and short writing sample to Stephanie Grant, Director of Development at Meds & Food for Kids: email@example.com
*Please include “Development Associate Position” as the subject line.