About the Job
Oversee and optimize all aspects of Cap-Haitien food processing plant and warehouse operations including safety and environmental compliance, manufacturing reliability and capacity, product quality and cost performance. Ensure that manufacturing site maintains compliance with all locally applicable laws and regulations. Under general direction from his/her manager, operates with autonomy and latitude in decision making.
- Production Facility Management: Oversees the factory plant manager with a focus on improving service levels, improving overall plant performance and right-sizing material inventories. Oversees human resources management and systems improvement analyses. Responsible for emergency preparedness and work place safety.
- Capital Investments: Facilitates the analyses required for purchase of new production equipment and the cash flow; oversees project management.
- Enterprise Resource Planning: Manages the continued implementation of ERP Next. This includes setting up new system modules as needed, and providing training in it to key users. Oversee Information technology at the factory.
- Oversees Factory Finances: With support from the MFK Accounting Department, manages the bookkeeper’s responsibilities of creating weekly cash flow reports, weekly bank account reconciliations and provides oversight of Haitian operation expenditures and petty cash.
- Supply Chain Management: Oversees the optimization of strategic purchasing, inventory level and supplier selection. Manages the development and implementation of systems and procedures to control and reduce inventories of raw materials, packaging, finished goods, & Work in Progress (WIP) with the goals of balancing working capital requirements while expanding production and optimizing depot space use; oversees negotiations and supplier performance.
- Customer Relations Management. This includes the oversight of client management, finished product invoicing and local correspondence, as well as the relationship-building with customs officials, adding nuance and sophistication to these communications; manages communication with NUTRISET and UNICEF, as well as other major clients.
- Budget Preparation: Works with MFK Accounting Department to prepare and monitor annual budget.
- Government Relations Management: Working with the Government Relations Manager, improve submission date of documents needed to request a franchise with a target date of submission of December; monitor and improve relationships with Haitian Government.
Key Food Safety Responsibilities:
- To oversee monitoring of food safety standards within MFK
- To manage the Heads of department (Plant Operations, Supply Chain, Customer Service, Human Resources, Government Relations) ensuring that the policies, including food safety policies, are being effectively implemented.
- To manage the performance of direct reports, including the Plant Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Customer Service Manager, Human Resources Manager, and Government Relations Manager, with reference to their responsibilities detailed within the policy, and to take the necessary action to secure compliance with the objectives.
- To review the contents of the Food Safety Management System and assist the senior management team with the periodic review of the policy.
- Four-year university Bachelor’s degree in Management, Food Science or Engineering or equivalent experience in one or more of these areas
- Masters degree preferred
- 8-10 years of management experience, preferably in a manufacturing setting in the developing world
- Experience living and working in Haiti strongly preferred.
- Fluent in English (must have)
- Fluent in French and/ or Haitian Creole.
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing and quality management systems
- Strong cost accounting and financial management skills for managing manufacturing schedules, budgets and reporting
- Strong production planning and project management skills
- Familiarity with food industry quality best practices
- Strong leadership skills to set direction and keep multicultural, multifunctional teams reaching regional and global objectives. Ability to work effectively with resources in other parts of the world
Must be willing to live full-time in Cap-Haitien, Haiti.
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Health insurance and medical evacuation insurance
- Five weeks of paid vacation
- Housing in Cap-Haitien or housing allowance
- Annual round-trip ticket to country of residence
Send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Country Director” in subject line. Only candidates meeting requirements will receive response.