Administrative Assistant (Part Time)
About the Job
This position requires an individual who collaborates with accounting and with the development team. The position requires independent problem solving and cooperative work with diverse personalities. The candidate must be a self-starter, be able to anticipate and take responsibility for routine activities, tasks and assignments. Attention to detail is a must.
This position is 25 hours per week spread over 5 days.
Each of these responsibilities will be accomplished with authentic service, attention to detail, sense of urgency, organization, responsiveness, follow-up, general care and passion:
- Provide administrative support to all employees in the US and in Haiti.
- Maintain and administer entity email accounts, including reviewing and responding to email communications from the MFK website.
- Attend monthly accounts receivable review meetings, prepare bank deposits.
- Manage the donor database: enter all donor contact information, log gifts and prepare timely tax letters, ensure the accuracy of information at all times, create reports as required, generate comprehensive mailing lists and required lists for fundraising events and activities.
- Handle purchasing, packing and shipping of materials needed in Haiti. Collaborate with logistics/supply chain team in Haiti regarding supply needs. (Anticipate, order, and send regularly needed supplies so that stock outs are rare.)
- Coordinate travel, travel insurance, MOUs (Memoranda of Understandings) and waivers of liability as needed. Maintain files on volunteers, fellows and employees.
- Working knowledge of donor databases (i.e. Salesforce, Donor Perfect),
- Comfortable working independently on large projects through to completion,
- Superior time-management and organizational skills and attention to detail,
- Bachelor’s degree preferred,
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint,
- Some knowledge of French helpful, but not essential.
Hourly rate dependent on experience and qualifications. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, references and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.